PNN vs. Other Thermal Decay Systems Comparison
1.Surface system in a portable carrying case form
2.System requires only logging line and encoder pulses from the logging unit
3. Data are recorded in a raw format – Processing can be repeated with different parameters
4. PNN system detects thermal neutrons comparing to other systems detecting gamma rays
5.No special well preparation needed – Log can be run with any borehole fluid
6.Through tubing and multiple casing logging possible
7.Single pass over the logging interval is sufficient for the successful processing and analysis
8.No tool calibration before or after logging job
- PNN log is the ultimate log for low salinity water formations and low porosities!
- PNN log is a competitive log for moderate and high salinity water formations!
- Good results in salinities below 5 000 ppm and porosities below 8%.
- PNN System is portable and compatible to any logging unit.
The results obtained with PNN measurements:
From an sample of 30 wells that have PNN measurements in year 2006, by which was perforated 76 layers, which 62 was productive with positive results, that mean efficiency it’s around 81%.